What is Your Ultimate Potential as a Leader?
Leadership is not something you should feel that you ‘have to do’, or ‘have to take on’…empowered, inspired, influential, effective leadership is a choice to be made by you, leaders become great not because of position, not because of power, they become great because of their ability to empower and develop their people.
Your capability to lead in an effective, inspiring, courageous and dynamic manner has a direct effect on your team’s performance and your organizations bottom line.
Truly successful organizations and teams that are interested in sustained growth, continuous improvement and long term viability continually develop their people, especially their leaders.
Recent research conducted by the American Society of Training and Development found that companies that invest in developing their people consistently outperform companies who do not by an average of 35% every year – what would a 35% difference in performance mean to you and your organization?
Leadership development coaching is one of the most effective tools available to help you and your senior management team to:
- Enhance its leadership skills and behaviors.
- Build core personal strengths and people skills.
- Engage your team.
- Make training stick.
- Stifle organization wide innovation and creativity.
- Experience genuine fulfillment and satisfaction in the workplace.
Results of a study conducted by Manchester, Inc. of 100 executives primarily from Fortune 100 companies showed the benefits to organizations that provided coaching to executives were improvements in:
- Productivity (reported by 53% of executives)
- Quality (48%)
- Organizational strength (48%)
- Customer service (39%)
- Reducing customer complaints (34%)
- Retaining executives who received coaching (32%)
- Cost reductions (23%)
- Bottom-line profitability (22%)
Among the benefits to executives who received coaching were improved:
- Working relationships with direct reports (reported by 77% of executives)
- Working relationships with immediate supervisors (71%)
- Teamwork (67%)
- Working relationships with peers (63%)
- Job satisfaction (61%)
- Conflict reduction (52%)
- Organizational commitment (44%)
- Working relationships with clients (37%)
What would your bottom line look like with just one of the above improvements?
Ignoring your own leadership development and not developing your senior management team creates two big dilemmas for your organization:
1. Just like high performing athletes, high performing professionals are always looking for the extra cutting edge, development and growth that you can give them. If you do not deliver it they will find an organization that will deliver it – wasting the financial investment and effort you have made in them to date.
- How much does it truly cost your organization when a high performer jumps ship?
The job of a leader is to build a complimentary team, where every strength is made effective and each weakness is made irrelevant – Stephen Covey
2. The people that you have are your assets; they are not liabilities (no matter how they’re classified on the balance sheet). The biggest competitive advantage and leverage that you currently have and will have in the future is not your product or service offering —it’s the people you have leading and managing your company. By not developing your people, you are failing to tap into your most valuable business innovation and growth resource.
I’ve partnered with many business leaders over the past 6 years in different industries and a common theme is that they find it lonely at the top. There’s no one to talk to that’s really detached enough from strategic and organizational issues to provide a fresh perspective , real objectivity; feedback and support that’s totally solution focused.
As leaders we’re faced with complex strategic and operational challenges, ever evolving team dynamics and the need to make the right decisions swiftly. Daily, were faced with choices, demands and constraints and we often get caught up ‘solving symptoms’ not identifying the root causes of problems and you can’t solve problems with the same level of thinking that created them in the first place – objectivity and the ongoing challenging of assumptions and paradigms is critical to your organizations success.
Business acumen, savvy, technical knowledge and education are important but will not take you and your organization far unless combined with personal strengths and strong people skills. Using applied and proven development technologies and practices to develop core personal strengths and people skills clients are able to generate and enhance their leadership skills, improve their organization while also increasing their genuine fulfillment and satisfaction in many areas of their lives.
Bizness Unleashed does not run clients through a one size fits all leadership training program built for the masses. We are all different and unique individuals, therefore we offer individually tailored one-on-one leadership development planning and coaching that enables clients to gain access to mastery in the personal, business and professional areas of their lives.
Leadership Coaching can be provided in the following areas:
- Solving core organizational problems.
- Setting big goals, developing strategies and tactics to achieve them.
- Building your personal strengths and people skills.
- Personal and team motivation.
- Influencing others for buy in, enrollment and engagement.
- Managing conflict and creating win/win outcomes.
- Leading change and challenging the status quo.
- Self management and effective time utilization.
- Developing personal vision.
- Defining core values and honoring them.
- Increasing personal awareness.
- Coaching and developing others.
- Effective delegation.
- Integrity with self.
What level of leadership are you ready to step up to?
It’s only as we develop others that we constantly develop ourselves, view your business, your organization as a learning organization and make leadership development a must.
If you’re serious about unleashing your leadership potential or want to develop key team members then I warmly invite you arrange a Leadership Development assessment. Your information will be reviewed within 48 hrs, you will then be contacted to arrange a no obligation assessment at an agreeable time.Arrange Leadership Development Assessment
*New Zealand Business Owners: This Leadership Development Coaching Program has qualified for the NZTE Capability Development Voucher Scheme and is eligible for voucher redemption. For more information on the scheme click here.